Lyndsay Moir has nominated the Zombie Minstrel WordPress for a Liebster award, I’m astonished!
Liebster means beloved in German in where it’s believed Germany is where this award originated several years ago according to grandmother Margret Googlestien. I’m humbled by this because I’m no writer, in fact I have a learning disability that’s haunted me my entire academic career. It also means as Lyndsay so eloquently stated on her WordPress “it confirms that people might actually be enjoying my daily ramblings.”
The rules of the award are as follows: The recipient must answer 11 questions created by the nominator, nominate 11 blogs themselves and create 11 question for their nominees to answer. The blog must be an “up and coming blog” with less than 200 followers. Very cool huh?
In accordance with the rules here are the answers to Lyndsay’s questions.
1. If you could describe your blog in three words, what would they be?
chaotic disheveled felicity
2. If you have a return ticket to anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why?
I would go to Boston MA to hang out with my friend Danielle, My sister Sarah and attend the Berkley School of Music.
3. What is your favorite book, and why
Wow this one is tough…. It would be a toss-up between The Martian Chronicles (Ray Bradbury) and The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (Douglass Adams).
4. What is your favorite pancake topping?
5. Do you like Marmite?
Ummmmm Marmite uhuhuhuhhhhh….. Drool (Homer Simpson) – After all it is made from beer!
6. What is your favorite blog post you have ever written?
Fortune cookie Divination – The reason is the image of the fortune in my hand with all the calluses and string grit on my finger tips. It reminded me how hard I work and yet still enjoy the process of becoming a better guitarist some 30 years after I started playing….. even when everyone said “grow up and join the adult world.” I’ve never listened to fools, wise men, kings or thieves and I don’t plan on changing that any time soon.
7. If you had to pick a song that describes you, what would it be, and why?
Why my Guitar Gently Weeps. No matter what happens in this crazy silly world of fools my guitar keeps weeping day in and day out. It’s a constant that hasn’t changed in more years of my life than hasn’t.
8. Can you speak any other languages, rather than your native language?
I can speak some ASL (American Sign Language). Two members of my family are interpreters for the deaf and I grew up in the deaf community. It started to rub off when I was just 6 or 7.
9. If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
Jimmy Hendrix, I think he was a good man, spiritualist, first minister of the electric church and he’s my hero. I would easily take DR. Martin Luther King, Bobby Kennedy, Les Paul or Tom Dowd though :D
10. If you had to sing karaoke, what song would you sing?
my guitar wants to kill your momma ~ Frank Zappa
11. If you were going to a desert island for a year, what three items would you take, and why?
My Les Paul, One of my amps and a Gas / Solar powered generator with a years worth of gas in it. The reason is there’s nothing more I need to make me content in life.
My 11 Questions:
1. What’s your take on Reality Television and what show’s do you watch?
2. If you had one wish what would it be?
3. What’s your personal all time favorite CD / Album and why?
4. Mac or PC?
5. What are your thoughts about American ISP’s being able to block your internet access (as of March 1st 2013) if they suspect you of downloading copyrighted material without any due process? Is it right or wrong? Is it even legal?
6. Gene Simmons: Gross or Misunderstood?
7. Do you think there’s any fundamental difference between Republicans and Democrats on capitol hill (the representatives not the constituency) and why?
8. Is the internet really for porn?
9. What are your thought on budget cuts in public academia for the arts but not sports?
10. Whats your favorite non-conventional indulgence and why?
11. How often do you laugh and what do you find tickles your funny bone?
My 11 Nominees:
Jae Dansie: Lit and Scribbles
Mike: Blood and Banjos
Josh and Chris: The Nerd York Times
Nicole Rogers: Classical Guitar and Stuff
John Charles Scott: Shaven Wookie!
Dave MacLeod: My Notes (no more, no less)
Amanda Ball: Living for Creativity
Marcela: Naturally Fun Days
Echo-tapper: Echotapper Vintage Echo Unit
Brett and Bowen: A world of Gemütlichkeit
Honorable mention goes out to three of my favorite blogs who have a few to many followers but I still highly recommend you visit them: